Saturday 18 June 2011

Essence Gel Eyeliner: Berlin Rocks

Since this is my first official blog review, I decided to start with the most recent product that I have purchased.  Although this wasn’t expensive it was definitely an in impulse purchase, it was on a stand just before I paid and I really liked the colour.
Product:
This is a purple gel eyeliner, I got it in shade 03, Berlin Rocks. The pigmentation for this eyeliner is great.  I like that when I apply the first layer it is very pigmented but when I apply another layer the colour is darker and I can use it for a very different look.  This has a very soft texture. As you can see from the photographs, it looks almost wet.  As soon as I placed the eyeliner brush into the eyeliner pot it sunk into the eyeliner, therefore I would recommend a light hand when using the product.



Longevity:
Considering the price of this product, it has great longevity.  I put it on in the morning and have a busy day and it’s still almost perfect when I get home. Therefore, it usually lasts 8 hours or so.  If I planned to wear in from day to night, I would reapply another layer to freshen up the look.

 Packaging:            
As you can see from the pictures, the packing is very basic but sturdy. The lid is plastic and the eyeliner is contained in a glass container.  I recently moved and it survived the moving process so I think that is a sign that it will last for a long time.

Price:
This was very inexpensive, I paid €3.49. Considering how good I think this product is, I am surprised that it’s not more expensive.  I will be going back to buy this in black.

Would I buy this product again?  Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...