Wednesday 29 June 2011

Jumping Juniper

I purchased this recently when I went to Dublin. I had been looking at the Lush UK website and when I saw the shop in Dublin I had to have a look. I finally decided on a shampoo bar for greasy hair, called Jumping Juniper. One of my main hair problems.  
Product
This shampoo bar is described on the Lush website as a'Lavender and juniper Shampoo Bar to control oily hair. Along with spots and exams, oily hair can be one of the most annoying things to torment your teenage years. Jumping Juniper cleans away grease and balances sebum production with lavender oil. Juniper sorts out an oily, congested scalp, while lemon and lime make your hair clean and shiny and give it an extra fresh scent. Juniper will get you jumping in no time.' 


To use this you have to simply wet the bar and the rub it in your hands and then put that foam into your hair. I discovered that you only need a small amount of the bar as it lathers very quickly and easily when in your hair.
I have used this twice so far. I have tried it two different ways. The first I used only the shampoo bar, no conditioner or mousse. I found this occasion it made my hair very flat. That was not what I wanted considering I have greasy oily hair that goes flat very easily. 


I didn't give up on it just yet. I decided to give it another go and this time us my styling mousse afterwards. I washed my hair using the bar with a similar flat result as the first use. I then added the styling mousse. This helped to reduce the flatness but not completely. I waited for the next day and it was just as oily as it usually was, if not worse. 


I was going to do another trial using conditioner but I have decided not to. I rarely use conditioner because of my oily hair and when using the shampoo bar I know it would make  it worse.  
Price
I paid €7.80 for this bar. Considering you are meant to get 80 washes from this I thought that was an okay price. On the Lush UK website it is £4.85 for 55g.  
Would I buy this again? No. I would not buy this particular bar again, however I will be buying a different one after a while. I have picked out a few different things that I want to try on the Lush website.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...