Friday 15 July 2011

Max Factor Second Skin Foundation

Product
Second Skin foundation claims to be 'an innovative formula that creates the look of naturally perfect looking skin'.  And now as I sit here typing and looking at the results of a few hours wearing this foundation...I can say that this does not create perfect looking skin for me. 

The first problem I had with this was that the shade was too dark even though I purchased the lightest shade, which is 040 Cream Ivory. I still gave this a try however and tried to us a powder to help lighten it. This did work slightly, however it was still dark. 

I purchased this as I had wanted a foundation that would be lighter on my skin for the summer and while this has a liquid consistency, I found that to get it to apply evenly over my face I needed to use more product than I would usually use.  

It also becomes very blotchy. I can clearly see areas of my face where the foundation has been completely removed, perhaps because it transferred onto my clothes or I touched it.  Either way it doesn't look very appealing after a few hours wear.  

I applied this using a Mac 187 brush which applied it and blended it perfectly considering the liquid texture of the foundation.  

Longevity
I had expected this to last all day. However, I applied it at nine o' clock and by three o' clock, there was obvious blotchy and patchy areas on my face. Therefore, I would not recommend this to someone who wanted a foundation that will last all day.   
Packaging
I do like the packaging of this foundation.  It comes in a glass bottle with a plastic pump on the top. I like the pump as it means the product in the bottle is free from bacteria. There is 30ml of product in this bottle.  
Price
I purchased this on Amazon for £10.56.  However it is also available in pharmacies and in Boots stores. I think Boots sells this for €19.99.  

Would I but this again? No. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...