Sunday 3 July 2011

Revlon Colorstay Foundation

I loved this foundation for many reasons however it was not meant to be.  
Product
Revlon Colorstay foundation comes in two different formulas,  one for Noral/Dry Skin and one for Combination/Oily skin.  I have tried both of these as my skin has changed over the past year and a half.  This foundation is very liquid and when I first opened the bottle and poured it out I had low expectations. This did take me a few tries to get used to the liquid consistency and also how to apply it. Once I had mastered that it always applied excellently. The coverage from this foundation was excellent and could also be used for concealing purposes when needed. 

The main problem with this foundation, with both formulas,  was that it caused my skin to break out. I really wanted to love this foundation and I did until this happened. When I purchased this initially it took me a while to figure out what was giving me bad skin.  I used the Normal/dry first. Then about a year later I decided to try the Combination/Oily foundation as my skin type had changed and I though that it might just be the Normal/Dry formula that caused me to break out.  However, after about a week it caused my skin to break out again and this time I realised instantly what caused the problem.   

Longevity
I applied this foundation in the mornings and it would always last me in entire day. This would include all weather types and also if I had a very busy day. The only time I would re-touch it would be when I was going out that night and  I wanted it to look very freshly applied.

Price
I paid €18.99 for this foundation. I purchased it in Boots but it is available in many pharmacies nationwide.  

Would I but this again? If this had  not caused me skin problems then I would, however it'll have to be a no because of the bad reaction I had from it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...