Tuesday 2 August 2011

Barry M Intense Black Eyeliner Pen

Yet another eyeliner, this is something that I am always trying to find the best of. 
Product
Barry M describes this mascara as 'a waterproof, long wear formulation in a retractable pack for easy use'. This eyeliner does apply easily and goes on smoothly. It doesn't smudge on the top eyelid, which can be both a good and bad thing. It's good if you want a clear line of eyeliner. However, if you want to blend it for a smoky look it is a little more difficult but not impossible.  I also find that holding this in my hand for a few seconds helps to heat the eyeliner and makes it easier to apply.  

As this mascara comes in a retractable pen it makes it harder to get a thin black line. Even after trying it a few times I still had a lot of problems getting a very thin line because I couldn't sharpen it.  This has a very smooth and soft texture.  
Longevity
I found this mascara to be waterproof on my top lid, however when applied to the waterline it didn't last very long and caused me to have black eyeliner under my eyes. Not a look that I particularly like.  This is a problem that I have with many eyeliners.  It was easily removed, after a days wear, using eye makeup remover. 

Packaging
This mascara comes in a retractable eyeliner so a sharpener is not necessary. This is good and also bad. It's good in that you can use the eyeliner even if you forget to bring a sharpener and also if the top becomes very soft and breaks, which can happen with many eyeliners. This does, however, lead to the problem I outlined above in that it is more difficult to get a thin line.  Also as it is retractable it is important not to unscrew too much of the product or it will break off, which happened to me the first time I used it.  
Price
I bought this on Amazon for £3.98.  The only place that I know in Ireland that Barry M is available in Ireland is in Boots or Superdrug.

Would I buy this again? No, I had purchased this as I wanted an eyeliner I could use on the waterline without it moving under my eyes. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I'd like to have an eyeliner that stays on my lower lid too... I'm in a similar situation!
    hey you're from Ireland? That's cool, I'd really like to go there someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for one that will stay on but it apparently doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...