Sunday 14 August 2011

Elf single eyeshadow: Dusk

Product
This eyeshadow is from the Elf Custom Eyes range. I bought this eyeshadow individually and then added it to the Elf compact. I like this as I can pick the colours that I want to put together.  Dusk is a shimmery, dark blue-grey colour. It is a very dark colour so it is excellent for creating a smokey eye look.  

This eyeshadow is very pigmented and you only need a small amount of Dusk to create a dramatic look. It is also very easy to blend. In fact, I find that if you blend it too much a lot of the product will disappear. Therefore a stiffer brush might be better as a softer one can remove too much product.  A lot of product can be picked up very easily as it as a soft and smooth texture.  
Longevity
I find that this product lasts for approximately seven or eight hours with a primer underneath. I haven't used it without a primer so don't know how long it would last. I feel that it would not be a long time however.

Packaging
This eyeshadow, like the rest of Elf's custom single eyeshadows comes in a cardboard box and is then inside a plastic container. Once all the packaging is removed it is just a single eyeshadow. Therefore you need to have the compact to  place it in. I will say that even with the compact these can be broken. When I was moving back from college last year and had everything very well protected one of these eyeshadows did get broken. Otherwise no problems. There is 1.5g or 0.05oz of product provided.

Price
This eyeshadow cost €1.70, which is an excellent price for an eyeshadow and it is available from Elf

Would I buy this again? Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...