Monday 22 August 2011

Elf Cool Bronzer


Product
Elf's cool bronzer is described as 'the ideal selection of matte colours to achieve a natural looking tan. Ideal for winter or year-round'. Oh natural tan...if only it was created using this bronzer. I had such great hopes for this since it was a matte product and I thought it would be prefect to use on my face. I knew when I opened this that it was darker than I had expected. When I dusted this on my face that was confirmed, it was far too dark. I have very pale skin so perhaps this would suit someone with a warmer skin tone. It appears that there are a lot of red undertones in this product. Thereby making it too dark for my skin tone. It is, however, very pigmented. 

The bronzer is separated into four colours which can be used together, separately or mixed to a colour that suits you. I tried all of these ways to apply and it was still too dark to apply to my face. 

I did also try this as a body bronzer and had more success. I used a very large body brush and applied this to my arms and décolleté. It doesn't appear as dark on these areas as I used a larger brush and it was easier to blend the product. 

Longevity
Even though I didn't particularly like the look of this on my face and it was dark, for the sake of reviewing I left in on my face. I did last all day. I applied it in the morning and it was still visible ten hours later.

Packaging
This bronzer comes in a sleek black plastic packaging with a very large mirror on the cover. There is also a lot of product provided: 0.4585oz or 13g. The product is also firmly pressed. 
Price 
This bronzer costs €4.00 and it available from Elf.

Would I buy this again? No

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...