Friday 19 August 2011

Elf High Definition Powder

 I mentioned this product a few weeks ago when I purchased it.

Product
Elf's High Definition powder is described as a 'high definition loose powder' that 'creates a soft focus effect to the skin.' It claims to 'mask fine lines and imperfections for a radiant complexion. The incredibly soft and invisible powder is great for on-screen and  everyday wear.' This is a very fine and white powder. There are only two ingredients in this HD powder, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer and Silica. Dimethicone is a type of silicone and this is used in face primers. It makes skin feel and look smooth. The second ingredient, silica, is a mineral that absorbs oil to prevent skin from looking shiny and keeps make-up fresh for longer. 

This powder comes with a powder puff that I don't use. It is good, however, for keeping the powder in the container when not in use as it will come through the holes very quickly and can get messy. I use either a large powder brush or a stippling brush. I apply this on top of my concealer and foundation. I will also tap any excess powder off the brush. I will lightly buff the powder onto my face. Although the powder is white it doesn't show up this colour when applied. It instantly gives my skin a brighter and softer appearance. 

I don't apply any liquid products over this powder, i.e a liquid highlighter. I have applied it under the powder and it has worked fine. Also, when this powder is used on it's own I don't see any improvement to skin tone and it doesn't cover blemishes.  


Longevity
The longevity from this product is great. I have applied this in the morning and can wear it all day and it will still look perfect in the evening, this can be ten to twelve hours later. Obviously if this is applied over a bad foundation the results won't be as good.




Packaging
Elf's High Definition powder comes in a black cardboard box. The powder is then stored in a chunky, solid square container with a lid that screws off. There is also a powder puff applicator provided. The area containing the product is very deep, which is necessary as this powder can go everywhere if not covered. I did find that the holes in the sieve are too large and can let out too much product. Therefore I covered half of the sieve. It lets out less of the product which makes application easier. This can be too large to carry in your bag which is the only fault I have with the product. There is 0.28oz or 8g of product provided. 





Price
This product costs €6.80 and it is available from Elf

Would I buy this again? Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...