Tuesday 23 August 2011

Elf blush and bronzer


Another Elf product, this time it's a blush and bronzer compact. 
Product
This product is meant to 'create a healthy and natural glow all year round. The blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of colour, while the bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition.' 

I'll start with the blush in this compact. The blusher is a peachy shimmer and it is very pigmented. It isn't an overly bright blush. When I first applied this it was very dark and also hard to blend. The next time that I applied it I used less and it was easier to blend, although still difficult, and it also had a nice appearance. It also looked more natural. 

The bronzer is a very brown shimmery bronzing powder. The bronzer is also very pigmented, however it is not very natural looking when applied. If you have fair skin then this will not work. I have very fair skin and this shade is way too dark. I found that this bronzer looked almost muddy, it didn't brighten up my face but made it look darker and unhealthy. The bronzer was also difficult to blend. 

Longevity
Although these are very dark and difficult to blend, the one redeeming factor is that both the blusher and bronzer both have great longevity. They lasted approximately eight to ten hours.   

Packaging
I do like the packaging of this product. It is very sleek and also very durable. There is 0.28oz or 8g of product provided. I was surprised when I saw this as this is large the compact was although still not clumsy. It is easy to travel with and will fit comfortably in a handbag. 

Price
This costs €4.00, which is great from a blusher and bronzer. It is available from Elf.

Would I buy this again? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...