Tuesday 16 August 2011

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Compact Foundation

Product
Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish is described as a 'Versatile cream foundation in a portable compact. Glides on, covers almost any flaw. Moisture-rich makeup with light diffusing particles to help diminish imperfections.' It is meant to offer 'adjustable coverage' with a 'satin finish'. 
This foundation has a thick yet creamy texture. It is also very soft to touch. There is a sponge applicator provided with this compact, however I do not use this as I find they can hold bacteria and also are difficult to clean. I will either use a MAC 187 or Elf's powder blush. I feel that the powder brush offers the best result as the bristles are closely packed. Elizabeth Arden claims that this offers an adjustable coverage I do however find that it is a full coverage foundation.  
I do find that the shade of this foundation is a little dark. I have it in shade vanilla and was told when I purchased it that it was the lightest shade. I however think that 'Ivory' is the lightest shade and will be getting that shade the next time I purchase it. 

Longevity
This foundation does offer great longevity. I do find that if you have oily skin then you will need powder over this to reduce any shine. I can wear this for ten to twelve hours. 

Packaging
The foundation compact comes inside a black cardboard style box. The actual foundation is inside a black plastic container as shown above. There is two compartments in the container, one with the foundation and one to hold the sponge, as shown below. The style of the compact is slightly old fashioned, it however remains simple and also expensive looking. It is also very easy to carry in a handbag for travel purposes and doesn't break easily. 

Price
I paid €15 for this foundation. The price does vary though depending on where it is purchased. 

Would I buy this again? Yes. I have purchased this twice already. I will be looking for a lighter colour the next time that I purchase it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...