Thursday 11 August 2011

Lush Ocean Salt Face Scrub

I got this a few weeks ago when I was in Dublin and had to make a stop at a Lush store. I looked at many different things but decided on this Ocean Salt Face Scrub.  
Lush describes Ocean Salt Face Scrub as a 'cleansing lime, coconut and sea salt scrub. Ocean Salt is like taking your face on a trip to the seaside for an invigorating splash in the water, then cleansing and refreshing it with lemon, grapefruit and lime juices. Fresh avocado moisturizes and softens the skin, while violet leaf absolute calms and nurtures'. 
The smell from this product is amazing. The blend of the lime, coconut and sea salt create a great refreshing scent.  There is a thick and chunky texture to this scrub.  The particles of sea salt are larger than many other face scrubs I have seen with particles.  I find that you need to be gentle when using this product but it leaves your skin feeling so clean.  Also, if you are having a skin breakout this will help to improve the problem immediately.  
This product lasts for a full year and when you only have to use in approximately one or two times a week this lasts for ages. It also only takes a small amount of this product to cleanse your skin.  
The ingredients in this scrub include:
Fine Sea Salt, Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus paradisi), Coarse Sea Salt, Stearic Acid, Fresh Organic Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 


The vodka in this is used to bind all of the ingredients together.  There is no smell of alcohol from this scrub. When I washed my face using this in the shower and was rinsing it again, I did find out that there is a  taste from the sea salts used.  


Price
I purchased this from Lush and it cost me €9.20.  

Would I buy this again? Yes.  I would also be interested in trying some of their other face scrubs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...